Maybe your right arm is stronger than your left; maybe your body tilts east when you really wanna go west; or maybe your personal gyroscope hasn’t worked since the ’90s. Whatever the case, the inability to paddle your recreational kayak in a straight line makes your experience on the water, well, challenging. Not to worry. We solved that problem with the Santee 116, a rec kayak that’s easy to paddle in a straight line! The Swede form design makes it simple (and fun and rewarding and spirit-lifting) to get from point A to point B without wandering to all points in-between. You can toss enough gear in the ample rear hatch for a serious day trip, hit a river or lake or coastal inlet, and cut a smooth steady trail across the water. As a bonus, you won’t tear a rotator cuff putting the 116 on your roof rack because it tips the scales at a svelte 38 pounds. (Spoiler alert ― the Santee 116 won’t fight you when you paddle. It’ll work with you, so you’ll end up having a blast.)
Weight: 38 lbs
Capacity: 300 lbs
- Stern Bulkhead, ABS Plastic: Provides flotation & storage
- 10-inch Stern Hinge Hatch: Storage compartment access
- Bow & Stern Deck Bungee: Storage for dry bag & gear
- Paddle Holder: Secures paddle to deck
- Security Bar: Cable lock your boat to the car or in storage
- Outfitting: First Class Frame Seat and foam thigh pads
- Twist-loc footbrace system: Easy adjustment from seated position
- Molded Grab Handle, Bow & Stern: Comfortable grip when carrying kayak during portage
- 55-inch XL Cockpit: Easy entry & Exit, accommodates small child or pet
- OPTIONAL: Sport Console
IN-STORE PICKUP. This product can be purchased online for in-store pickup. Include free professional assembly and expert local advice.
LOCAL HOME DELIVERY. Local home delivery is available within 50 mile radius of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. Include free professional assembly and expert local advice. Free Shipping & handling (5–10 business days)
MAINLAND USA. Standard Ground shipping (5–15 business days). We can ship anywhere in the mainland USA with a shipping fee between $49 to $199.